Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm 'HELP'less

So, my old Indon maid left on April 30th and I've got a new one on the same day. This new maid is a foreigner, but her hubby has been here for almost 5 years. She said she needed to work to make ends meet. Have to feed a family (kids, cousins, etc) of 10! She gets off work on Saturday morning and comes back on Sunday night.

And she just QUIT!!!! From her limited English and BM vocab, she said it's simply too much work!

My two indon maids in the past (the first was with me for 5 years!) did EVERYTHING! Cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking, Babysitting and bathing the kids when they were younger. And everyday, they managed to squeeze in at least 2 hours of sleep/free time in the afternoon. (I know coz I found them sleeping many times!)

This new one - No need to cook. No need babysitting. She has not even clean/wipe any wondows or shelves or fans or make the beds since she was here almost 2 weeks ago!

In the mornings, she takes an hour sweeping the floor, another hour mopping it. I put the clothes in the washing machine and she hangs them. She then spends the rest of the time ironing. Oh she does the dishes after meals too. But that's too much for her. So, today during dinner, she literally threw in the towel. Wants to go home NOW! So, I sent her home lor.

Sigh... I am now HELPless. No HELP to do all the housework, which up till now, I have taken for granted. Although the 2nd Indon maid was not that good, if I close one eye, she's really ok. Futhermore, my kids like her. *Wail* I really miss her!!!! *Wail*

Then.... (maybe law of attraction?) she sms me from Indonesia. Said she wants to come back work for me. I called her immediately!!! Now have to find out how to go about getting her visa. Wish me luck!!


3 comments:

  1. You should not sound desperate!! Act cool and tell her you'll think about it. She also need to pay all those paperwork fee herself. If not she'll take advantage of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there...this too shall pass...at least the kids are bigger now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maids...can't live with them, can't live without them ...

    I agree with Cowie, dun sound so desperate, she'll take advange of you. My past maids have thought me & made me smarter when dealing with them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails