Friday, May 1, 2009

Bye-bye Old One, Welcome New One

My Indon maid left today. Completed her contract with me, and we mutually decided not to renew each other. Initially she said she'll stay another year (which I was ok with), then a month later, she decided not to stay (which I was glad as well, coz her work quality is getting from not-so-good to really-not-so-good).

Woke up at 3.30am to send her off to LCCT. She shed some tears, hugging me, saying all those 'kam-tung' (touching) thank-yous etc. Well, on my way back from LCCT, I started missing her already. Well, she can be really clumsy, and most of the time in her own dream-world, but she did try her best, and the kids really do like her. In fact, when I got home in time to help the kids prepare for shool, D and Jo actually cried, saying they missed kakak.

My new helper arrived today! And OMG, she could hardly speak English and BM! So, I drew up pictorial chart for her, detailing what she should do everyday. And I think I will not be able to go out very often in the next month as have to train her to do things my way. She seems ok.

I've been fortunate with the maids - first with Erni, then with Sur. And I really do appreciate the work they've done - cleaning my home, washing and ironing, cooking and babysitting. Running a household is a lot of hard work, and somehow, they did it! Leaving me with the time I need to do what I have to do - running my business and being a mom - guiding the kids in their schoolwork, taking Happy out for a walk or cycling with them, etc!

Thank you dear maids! May God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails