Monday, April 20, 2009

Go Get It! Period!

One of my favourite movie is "In Pursuit of Happyness".

It’s a great movie starring Will Smith as Chris Gardner.Always hard working and tenacious, a series of circumstances in the early 1980’s left Gardner homeless in San Francisco and the sole guardian of his toddler son. Unwilling to give up Chris Jr. or his dream of financial independence, Gardner started at the bottom.

Without connections or a college degree, he earned a spot in the Dean Witter Reynolds training program.Often spending his nights in a church shelter or the bathroom at a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in Oakland (that scene moved me to tears!), Gardner was the sole trainee offered a job at Dean Witter Reynolds in 1981.

"You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period" Chris Gardner to Jr.

I urged you to go get a copy of this most inspiring movie. You'll understand....

1 comment:

  1. I cried watching this movie, all of the 2 times I watched it! I am getting a copy of it to make sure I teach my kids all about honest hard work and determination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails