Friday, October 16, 2009

Missing Kung-Kung

I was out for a meeting when I received a distressed call fom home. Damian was on the phone sobbing his heart out. He must talk to me NOW!!! I rushed home in record time. (It didn't occur to me to call his father, who's at home babysitting!)

What was the emergency?

Damian read a story from Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul which made him think about his grandfather, Kung-Kung. That inspired him to write a poem. And then the tears started, and soon he was sobbing! Real big sobs! I just held him. What can I say? I wanted to cry too.

With Damian's permission, here's the poem he wrote. (You can see that it does not matter about rhyme and prose, as long as it came from the heart):

A man died a few months ago,
Suffering from a mistake he did long ago
His family misses him, although he's far,
But they know he's in their hearts.

They cry for him each other day,
For he is not around anymore
Many distractions have made them forget
But nothing can replace him.

'Him' is my grandfather
whom I love so much
Even if he's gone from Earth
He'll never leave my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh...Damian. I hope you feel better now. I sure know how you feel as I lost my father 15 years ago!!Take care and looking forward to see u in SG soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i m crying too.. Damian, just remember that in dying, your grandpa gets to be with God. Remember to cherish those who are with you now on Earth. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just so touching .... They'll always be in our heart ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails