Sunday, March 21, 2010

Trekking at Gasing Hills

After 4 kids, I was way overweight. FitLine helped shed off a lot of excess weight, but still looked flabby. So, I decided to join the gym in 2005. I was with the gym for more than 2 years. Went 2 - 4 times a week, for usually 2 hours (including sauna & shower) and I felt great!.


Then my kids got older and I realised that I do want to spend more time with them despite my busy schedule. Exercising together is the perfect solution. So, I quit the gym, and we started exercising together in the evening, usually around 5pm. Sometimes we go to the nearby Bukit Jalil park where they'll play at the playground and I'll brisk walk, while keeping an eye on them. Sometimes we cycle around our housing area, somertimes we walk the dog, sometimes we just walk.

A few friends have been telling me about Gasing Hills, but I was too lazy to check it out. I was happy to be able to brisk walk and work up a good sweat at Bukit Jalil.

So, after almost 3 years of turning down invitations to go to Gasing Hills, last Saturday, I decided to take my kids there. SC who invited me before was pleased to see us. (Jeremy couldn't wake up at 630, and so he didn't come along.). We started trekking with a group of people - friends of friends of friends. I guess we are all buddies when it comes to trekking.

It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Should have come here long time ago! Within 15 mins, I was ready to call it quits. Sure I could run and brisk walk in Bukit Jalil, but I guess I'm not fit to trek! :-P  But the other 3 kids were 'running' ahead of me! So... (I've to save face ma, especially in front of the kids, hahah), I trudged on. It was about 3 km and 80 mins of "I can do this, I can do this". I kept thinking "Thank God Jeremy didn't come along. Else I might have to carry him!!"

When we completed the trek, the kids were jumping up and down, still full of energy and ready to go another round! So I have to tell them "Mommy got work afterwards! Must go home NOW!" hahahah. (Steph is watching me type this and asked me if I lied? Of course I did not lie. I just had the perfect excuse not to go through the jungle trek immediately)

Kids enjoyed it so much they wanted to go back. We did plan to go back the next day (Sunday) at 5pm. But it rained!!! (Divine intervention? Heehee). On Tuesday morning we got up extra early (for a school holiday), and off we went again. This time Jeremy came along!.

For me it was better than the first time. Jeremy got tired half way through and kept complaining that his legs were 'burning'. All of us kept encouraging him to finish the trek (there's no other choice, it's either finish the trek or stay in the jungle!).

We went back again on Friday morning, but this time Jo and Jeremy begged off. They were not feeling well.

I guess we would only be able to go during the weekends when school starts again. Join us anyone? Trekking is Fun! :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails