Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Hour 2010

The kids has been eagerly waiting for 27 March 2010, 8.30pm since Earth Hour 2009! (You can read about Earth Hour 2009 here).

This year we planned to  have an 'Ice-cream party'. Kids begged to invite some friends over. Stephanie who went for a play-date a few doors away came back at 6pm with 3 friends (Dylan, another boy whose name i cant remember and his sister).

"I said they could have dinner here," she announced to me. Before I could say anything, she turned to her friends and said "See I told you my Mother very good one. You can have dinner here."

O...kay.... they are having dinner here, and I dont have enough food, but lots of ice-cream! I hurried out to buy more food - hokien-fried noodles and cantonese-fried noodles. The kids didn't eat much tho. They were waiting for the ice-cream!

Jo's friends turned up too. 3 of them -  Suk Hwen, Divya and her younger sis. Of course, by default, the Leong family, is also expected to be here! The came of course, which made the gathering merrier :-) They came with a puppy they rescued from a drain a week ago.

So, that's 12 kids, 5 adults (including my maid), 2 dogs, 2 hamseters and 2 terrapin-turtles, celebrating Earth Hour at my place! I enjoyed it. I always enjoy having guests. Kids had a blast.


Earth Hour - so switching off electricity for 1 hour per year. Did that make a difference? Last year after Earth Hour 2009, I cleaned up / sorted through a big box of plastic bags.

I counted 144 plastic bags of all shapes and sizes in here!

I became more environmental-conscious after that. I started bringing my own shopping bag during groceries shopping. My favourite :



I'm happy to report that now I have less than 20 plastic bags at home, and they're used to line the trash can. :-)

So, as CW pointed out in her FB status : every moment is Earth Hour...Reduce, Recycle, Reuse (3R)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails