Monday, January 25, 2010

Goodbye Hamsters

It was a blistering hot day yesterday.

Before we went off to church in the morning, the hamsters were still running about, full of energy. We came home at 2.30pm to discover 2 of the hamsters in the upper aquarium had died. 

(The other 2 hamsters in the lower aquarium are ok)

Yes of course the kids cried. The hamsters that died belonged to Stephanie and Josephine. We buried them in a pot of flowers.
We were trying to figure out why the hamsters died. We thought maybe it was sick... but.......

This morning, the 2 living hamsters seem lethargic. When I put in my hand to touch them, the air in the aquarium feels warm to me. It striked me then that it's realy really hot, and that's what killing the hamsters. So, I put the aquarium indoors. The hamsters are ok now .... i hope  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails