Saturday, November 14, 2009

Manners, dear

A friend, W, told me that she passed on my name to a market research company. They were looking for bloggers to be part of a focus group (or something). She didn't think I would mind.

No, I don't mind. In fact, once in a while, I do like to do this sort of stuffs. Get me out of my usual routine, add some spice and the like, you know.... well sort of (as if I don't have an already exciting life with 4 kids and lots of relatives!)

Well, anyway, since W already informed me, I was ready when someone called. This was how it went:

Caller : Hello, are you Gina? I'm from Company SNV
Me: Yes, this is she. How may I help you?
Caller: What's your full name?
Me : (huh?) You called me and you want my full name without introducing yourself?
Caller: Yar, because on my list your name is only Gina. So, what's your full name?
Me : My dear, why should I give you my full name when I don't even know who you are and why you are calling me?
Caller : (sounding irritated) Miss Gina, I already told you I am from Company SNV.
Me : And you assume I know what company SNV is? (actually I do la)
Caller : Yes, we are a market research company, doing market research and I would like you to participate in our latest research. So, what's your full name please?
Me : My name is GYMK (gave her the full name, since she said 'please')
Caller : ok, Gina Yong, what's your IC number?
Me: Are you seriously thinking that I will give you my IC number when I dont even know your name yet?
Caller : As I mention just now Gina, I'm from Company SNV and we're doing market research and I need your IC to continue my questionaire

I am flabbergasted! Didn't Company SNV train their people on how to handle these calls? They didn't even bother to ask if I am willing to participate.

7 comments:

  1. Haha... I got a similar call from the same company who asked started the conversation by asking "Can I speak to Miss Mini chilli?"??????
    Helllooooo!!!! Survey on Cervical Cancer, my foot! How can she assume my name is mini chilli?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I didn't allow WSL to give my name or else the person who call me will ask to speak to a Cowiepig!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my apologies on behalf of 'SNV'

    from ELIFESL

    kekekekeke..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey WSL, no worries. At least it provided us some 'entertainment' - something to laugh about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails