Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To Facebook or not to Facebook

One of the greatest invention in the www is FACEBOOK.

"If Facebook is a country, it's the 8th most populated in the world just ahead of Japan, Russia & Nigeria" Zuckerberg (founder & CEO of FB)

  • I've reconnected with many ex-schoolmates, most whom I've lost touched with for almost 20 years!
  • I've made new friends, especially people with the same interests
  • I now have more than 450 'friends' on FB
  • And I get to know about their latest updates without having to call them and "how do you do?"
So, yes, FB is great!

Now my son wants to be in FB too! Why? Coz it's just what One do! ALL (that's an exaggeration of course!) his friends are on FB! They're hanging out like buddies on FB! Everyone is playing this bgame and that game, harvesting here and there!

Of course I do not want my son to be left-out, to be 'backwards'. So.... with Damian by my side, I try to sign him up. Opps .... you have to disclose your age! FB is only for 13 year-olds and above. And Damian will only be 13 in a few months time. So what do we do? The most obvious is - make oneself older by declaring that one is born in an earlier year. Bottom line - LIE about your age.

Damian decided that he can wait a few more months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails