Monday, August 10, 2009

Picnic @ Tiny Tapir

I joined a Picnic @ the Bungalow yesterday which was hosted by Tiny Tapir Eco Shop.
There were tables promoting stuffs ranging from baby clothings to eco friendly, home made sanitary napkins to hand-made costume jewelries.

I love visiting the bungalow. I give breastfeeding and nutrition talks there every 2 months or so. And everytime I visit, I ended up buying stuffs. This time, I bought:

If you do not know what it is - it's cloth sanitary napkins!! It comes in various sizes and thickness for different flows and days. I've started using cloth sanitary napkins since 6 months ago, and I really like it!! For one thing - there isn't the horrible stink that usually accompanies those commercial disposable pads. I mean - the menstrual blood actually don't smell when I use cloth napkins. Secondly, I feel better not contributing to the amount of garbage in the landfills! I am doing my part Saving the World!! Yay!

I was also very intrigued by Christene's Bento making demo. She seems to magically turn simple, ordinary, boring food into works of art! Watching her, I really admire her dedication to ensure that her family gets her best! I know bento-ing won't be my kind of thing - but it's really awesome watching someone else do it - and with such ease and flourish!

To see more of Christene's creation, click here. Yum!!












3 comments:

  1. Hi, interesting cloth sanitary pad. Are they sold in emporiums?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wenn.... No la they're not in your regular shopping complex. But you can get them from www.tinytapir.com and a few other websites based in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thanks for the mention !! Actually, I used to just pack speed bento in my kid's first year in school, and being used to the speed of it, can now afford some time for the ornamental touches. *grin*

    I use cloth pads too. used to have to buy them from usa online cos those days, there isn't so much variety here. Glad to know that cloth pads has since caught on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails