Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jo - a Nurse?

I'm out of inspiration what to blog on. My life is currently 'boring'.

So I dug my brains/memories for some little 'stories' to share. This happened about 2 years ago when Jo was 7 years old.

We were at Children's Service in Church one Sunday, and the reading of the day was :

Matthew 4:18-20 (New International Version)
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.


The teacher explained what the passage meant, and then in her cheery voice asked "So, who wants to be fishermen for Jesus?"

All the kids in the room put up their hands except Jo. I gave her a nudge. She shook her head and gave me a worried look. Then in a loud whisper she said "But Mommy, I want to be a Nurse!"

7 is such a blissful age........ :-D

1 comment:

  1. your life is 'boring' with your 4 lovely kids??? haha...that's an understatement.

    perhaps what is norm to you will be exciting to us...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails