Monday, June 7, 2010

Exams and Results

Kids had their exams, and the results are back. They did good (my standards la).

Me : How was school? Any results today?
Jeremy : Yar, we got our science paper back. And the teacher taught us to 'berlagak' (show-off)
Me: huh? What do you mean?
Jeremy : He asked those who got 90 and above to come up front and show the papers to the class, and he took a picture, and then tell the class they are the smart ones.
Me : oh.... so... how did you do?
Jeremy : Lucky I got less than 90.... no need to 'berlagak'.

Josephine : I am really stupid
Me : hey, no, you are not stupid.
Josephine: My teacher told the whole class I'm stupid, I can't do Maths. I don't understand Maths
Me: You know what? Mommy was like that too. I always get low marks for Maths too because I cant understand it. But suddenly when I was in Form 3... ting! .... Maths made sense to me. So, one day, your mind will go 'ting'! too :-)
Josehine : But I don't want to be like you!!!! I want to be smarter NOW!

Stephanie : hahaha, I got 'C' for BM la
Me: So... how you feel about it?
Stephanie : It's ok. At least I pass. (big grin)


Our education system is messing me up!!
.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails