Friday, February 26, 2010

Chinese New Year




It's been a sweltering hot Chinese New Year.

It seems hotter than the previous CNY. Every year is hotter than the last. Global warming? Yar, that's what everyone's telling me.


Chinese New Year is quite different this year. Found myself blinking back tears many times, missing my Pa. Time has moved on. Yes, it gets easier, but sill missing him......

I had a great time going for get-togethers with family and friends. As on any festivity, we EAT, EAT and EAT some more!

Ate Yee Sang 7 times already this year!!  (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusheng, this practice started in Singapore)
This is the 'Must Have' during Chinese New Year.



The sumptious 8 course Chinese Dinner is as usual too much. Too much rich, meaty food and not enough vegetables.



   Gathering my courage, I stepped on the weighing scales!!!! OMG!!!!
 
 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails